The roofing business is complex. When quoting prices to new clients, for instance, there are several moving parts to consider like roof type, scope of work, and materials. You also have to deal with different project warranties and insurance claims.
While the job can be difficult on its own, it doesn’t have to be. You can use roofing software to make your work easier. Depending on the platform you use, roofing software can streamline the sales process, and help you plan and estimate projects accurately.
Some also allow you to schedule appointments and track projects and finances. Oftentimes, it’s an all-in-one solution for your roofing business.
The question now becomes, which roofing software should you go for?
What exactly is roofing software?
Roofing software is a type of computer program specifically designed to help roofing contractors manage their businesses. It can be used for a variety of tasks, such as creating estimates, managing projects, invoicing customers, and tracking inventory.
Platforms often include features specifically designed to make it easy to create and manage roofing contracts. Many programs also include tools for helping roofers market their businesses and find new customers.
Some roofing software programs are even equipped with GPS capabilities, which can be used to track the location of workers and equipment during a project.
The importance of using roofing software
It’s no surprise that the most successful roofing businesses are using software. The benefits simply make a case for it. Here are some striking benefits of roofing software.
- Increases productivity - Roofing software automates many tasks necessary to run a roofing business. These tasks include sending invoices, creating proposals, and viewing customer information.
- Helps organize your data - Roofing software enables companies to organize all of their data better. After proper data organization, it becomes easier for roofers to check all their projects, customers, and sales.
- Bolsters collaboration between your clients and employees - It is usually difficult for team members to work together on a project. Roofing software helps fix this issue. Once team members know more about a project, they have a central place to access all the information.
Additionally, team members can communicate with each other.
- Increases profit margins - Each roofing business seeks to increase its profits. Roofing software boosts profits by streamlining tasks and monitoring the progress of projects. Faster estimates and completion of projects enable companies to work on more projects, increasing profits.
- Increases customer satisfaction - Customer satisfaction greatly affects the success of a roofing company. Proper estimates help to ensure that customers do not become dissatisfied due to prolonged projects.
- Saves time - A roofing software automates the activities of a roofing project. This helps in reducing the time needed to perform the same tasks manually.
- Increases accuracy - Roofing software helps you develop accurate roofing frameworks. This way, you can eliminate roofing mistakes that could significantly impact you.
- Facilitates budgeting - A roofing software determines a project’s total cost. This helps you budget for the project, ensuring you don’t overspend.
- Helps choose the correct roofer - While using roofing software, clients can select a contractor that best suits their needs.
Roofing software features
There are certain features every roofing software should have. If you’re looking to get a roofing software, here’s what to look out for:
- Scheduling - Roofing software should help you view each team member’s availability and assign duties to them accordingly.
- Project management - A roofing project starts after signing a contract successfully. Roofing software should facilitate tracking of project status, milestones, and project timelines.
- Communication - Roofing software should provide a communication channel between crew members and clients. Communication is important as it ensures the proper running of the company.
- Lead management - Lead management is essential in facilitating sales in a roofing company. Missed leads may lead the company to lose potential jobs. Your potential roofing software should identify new leads and help you qualify them as efficiently as possible. Moreover, it monitors all the company’s sales data, so it’s easy to determine what clients like and what they don't so you can better position yourself to prospects.
- Progress tracking - Roofing software enables roofing companies to track the progress of their business and measure its performance.
Factors to consider when using a roofing software
When determining the roofing software to use, consider:
- Cost - Select a roofing software that you can comfortably use without stretching your budget.
- Customer support - Use roofing software where you can easily receive help if you get stuck while using the tool.
- Accuracy - Roofers should use roofing software that accurately determines the project’s estimates. Accuracy fixes the issue of human errors.
- Simplicity - Select a tool you can easily interact with.
What makes Roofr the number one roofing software
There is various roofing software available today, but Roofr tops the list and it’s easy to see why. Roofr has:
- Pocket-friendly prices - Roofr’s packages are affordable.
- An accurate material calculator - This feature calculates the cost of materials used in a project. As a result, it eliminates additional costs that could arise due to inaccurate calculations.
- Easy to use - It is easy to navigate Roofr’s software and access its services.
Is roofing software a better option compared to a DIY solution?
A roofing company is often involved in various projects, each with different scopes. DIY solutions require different platforms for tracking the progress of your jobs, which can result in difficulties when managing roofing jobs.
Our advice? Go for roofing software. Most roofing software allows you to access all the services without migrating to another platform. As a result, you can manage customers, projects, and sales in one simple location. Also, you can easily track your project’s timeline and progress from one central platform.
To scale up your roofing business, you need to use roofing software. You can’t ignore it if you want to run an efficient system in your roofing business. For instance, you get project and customer management features that help you impress your clients. A roofing software is another way to get ahead of your competitors as well.