Trane by Trane Technologies, a global climate innovator, is proud to announce the recipients of the Trane Technician of the Future Scholarship for 2022. Trane is awarding $106,000 to 28 deserving students across North America who are seeking a technical education as they prepare to enter the field of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) or Building Automation. Now in its second year, the program saw a 33% increase in the number of scholarships granted from the inaugural year, as well as a 36% increase in the award amount.
The recipients and the schools they plan to attend are:
- Lucas Baker – University of Northwestern Ohio
- Spencer Barkdoll – Metropolitan Community College
- Kayden Butler – Lewis Clark State College
- Marlin Campbell – Midlands Technical College
- Alfred Dalrymple – College of Southern Nevada
- Jesse Durbin – Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Alan Dzinic – Jones Technical Institute
- Tony Gordon – Jones Technical Institute
- Christopher Hall – Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Johnny Hammonds – Pinellas Technical College - St. Petersburg Campus
- Tristen Ingram – Savannah Technical College
- Mark Jommel Santiago – Seneca College
- Robin Kendziorski – Ferris State University
- Antonio Lamancusa – Grand Rapids Community College
- Joseph Larez – Perry Technical Institute
- Sarah-Kay Lemuel – Southeast Community College - Milford Campus
- Christian Moffett – Jefferson Community and Technical College
- John Pratt – British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Charles Randall – Central New Mexico Community College
- Joey Raucci – Hudson Valley Community College
- Luke Reader – Western Technical College
- Jacob Robbins – Perry Technical Institute
- Martin Rodriguez Landeros – CSN
- Gary Shafer – Hill College
- Evan Smith – Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Chris Stevens – Collins County Community College
- Miguel Trujillo – Hudson Valley Community College
- Bryce Vincent – Aiken Technical College
“Congratulations to this year’s Trane Technician of the Future scholarship recipients,” said Donny Simmons, president, Commercial HVAC Americas, Trane Technologies. “We are proud to help these 28 aspiring technicians launch a successful career in the HVAC and building controls industry. This scholarship program is one of the ways Trane is helping build the next generation of HVAC technicians and operators who will make significant industry contributions in the years to come.”
This year’s recipients were selected from a pool of finalists on the basis of academic performance, leadership and participation, long-term career and educational goals, financial need and other criteria. Recipients enrolled part-time receive $2,500 each; recipients enrolled full-time receive $4,000 each. Awards may be used for all education-related expenses.
86% of the recipients are enrolled in programs full time, and many are enrolled in academic institutions that are NC3 Certification Centers, which give technical school students exceptional hands-on experience in state-of-the-art learning environments, provide access to the most current, relevant curriculum available and are taught in well-equipped labs. NC3 sponsorship is just one way Trane is helping to positively impact career and technical education, and workforce development, in the HVAC and energy efficiency industry.
The Trane Technician of the Future Scholarship aligns with Trane Technologies’ Sustainable Futures, which brings bold action globally to uplift under-represented students through education and pathways to green and STEM careers.
Details and eligibility requirements for the 2023 Trane Technician of the Future scholarship will be available on the application site in January 2023: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/TraneTechnician/.
Trane – by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator – creates comfortable, energy efficient indoor environments for commercial and residential applications. For more information, please visit www.trane.com or www.tranetechnologies.com.
About Trane Technologies
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmentally responsible products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation. Visit tranetechnologies.com.