Here are some home improvement tips from Handyman Connection – America’s premier home improvement franchise for professional and reliable handyman services for you as we enter the holiday season.
These tips are sure to help your family save money and live more efficiently as trips get booked for the holidays. Try converting an unused room into a guest room using the tips below:
- Step One: Choose what kind of look you want the new space to have. Keep your guest room in the same style as the rest of the house if you want it to feel like it belongs there. If you want it to stand out and appeal to more people, choose something different, like pastel colors.
- Step Two: Clear out any stuff that is taking up space. This can be anything, like old pictures, dirty toys, piles of clothes, or even books and magazines. Get rid of everything that isn’t needed to make room for new decorations.
- Step Three: The most important step is the next one. You will need to decide what kind of furniture you want in the room. If you have other rooms that are better for guests, you should keep this one as simple as possible and just add a couch and some throw pillows if you need to.
- Step Four: If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on furniture, you might want to think about renting it from a storage facility near you. This can be helpful if you only need something for a short time (changed often anyway). It can also make the extra space more comfortable for guests who show up out of the blue.
- Step Five: Once the furniture is set up, you can add accessories that go with the room. A pair of oversized mirrors could make all the difference. Or look more closely at your decorations and change them so they fit with what you want to do in this room. This can be as easy as a few glass candlesticks and a few pieces of art.