Sims Patrick Studio, a leading Atlanta-based luxury interior design firm, is thrilled to announce the addition of five new team members to its growing practice. The recent additions comprise one administrative role and four designers: Katie McDaniel as Studio Coordinator, Brittney Greco as Project Director, Abby Mills as Junior Interior Designer, and Rachel Skinner and Lynsey Sweatt as Project Designers.
“We’re thrilled to welcome such incredible team members to the ever-growing Sims Patrick Studio family,” said Libby Sims Patrick, NCIDQ, IIDA, LEED AP, CEO of Sims Patrick Studio. “These five have truly hit the ground running, and after only a few months on staff have demonstrated their expertise and proficiency in their roles. We look forward to seeing their continued contributions to the team and observing their future growth.”
More information about the firm’s recent hires can be found below:
- Katie McDaniel, Studio Coordinator, received her B.B.A in Marketing from Columbus State University. After working in law for a decade, Katie eventually transitioned to working for an architectural firm prior to joining the Sims Patrick Studio team. With over three years of industry experience, Katie now manages day-to-day office operations, and plays a key part in core management duties in her role as Studio Coordinator, such as collaborating with the principals on maximizing efficiency, and assisting with project scheduling, duties, and deadlines while facilitating client meetings and presentations. Her dual-minded approach allows her to find creative solutions for potential problems, while consistently staying organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Brittney Greco, NCIDQ, IIDA, Project Director, joins the team at Sims Patrick Studio with over 12 years of experience in interior architecture and historic preservation. Since receiving her B.F.A in Interior Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design, Brittney has worked for a variety of notable firms with clients across the hospitality, F&B, workplace, residential, and interior megayacht design sectors. As Project Director, Brittney leads and oversees all phases of interior design projects, from material selection to design and implementation. Fostering a collaborative environment with colleagues, she works tirelessly to create transcendent spaces, with the belief that each unique project presents an opportunity to elevate the lives of end-users.
- Abby Mills is a recent graduate from the University of Auburn, where she received her B.A. in Interior Design prior to joining the team at Sims Patrick Studio. As a Junior Designer, Abby is directly involved in each phase of the design process, including concept creation, space planning, 3D rendering, and presentation building. Abby’s strong imagination and creative spirit allow her to conceptualize spaces that bring stories to life through design while remaining authentic to their locale.
- Rachel Skinner joins Sims Patrick Studio with a B.F.A. in Interior Design and a Minor in Studio Art from the University of Georgia. With substantial experience in the wedding industry, Rachel brings a strong background in client interaction and communication to her new role as Junior Designer. A recipient of the 2022 ASID Silver Design Excellence Award, Rachel uses her creativity and solutions-oriented approach to create spaces that positively impact the lives of users.
- Lynsey Sweatt, Designer, joins the team with three years of industry experience. After receiving her B.S. in Interior Design from Auburn University, Lynsey relocated to Atlanta before accepting a position at Sims Patrick Studio. Her strong research capabilities, coupled with her skills in product/furniture design, and aptitude for creating beautiful 2D renderings make her an invaluable addition to the team. As Project Designer, Lynsey is responsible for coordinating with clients, design development, and documentation during all phases of the design process.
Looking ahead to the new year, the firm will continue to provide cutting-edge design services for a variety of notable clients throughout the hospitality, retail, luxury residential, and workplace sectors. These new additions are indicative of Sims Patrick Studio’s commitment to continued expansion, further enhancing the firm’s ability to turn client’s visions into narrative-driven experiences that captivate end-users.
About Sims Patrick Studio
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia in 1999, Sims Patrick Studio was founded by Libby Patrick and is led by a trio of experienced Principals working in complementary roles: Libby (our conceptual and narrative guru), Jenny Rutledge (3D design, construction and architect collaboration), and Melissa Wylie (operations and FF&A quality control). The team is a collection of world travelers and creative explorers, designers, planners and administrators. Brimming with a love of culture, nature, fashion, leisure, business and sport, each team member is more than their job title; they pride themselves not only for their work but also in the passions that fuel fires beyond desks. To learn more about Sims Patrick Studio, please visit simspatrickstudio.com and follow the firm’s work on social media @simspatrickstudio.