Pella Corporations’ CW-rated Architect Series® line of wood windows1 has been expanded to include the new Monumental Hung window. This addition to the line means Pella now provides a complete portfolio of CW-rated wood products.
“Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions has always had a full breadth of products and services to meet the design intentions of architects and engineers,” said Stacy Seelye, Pella product specialist. “The new Monumental Hung window is a welcome addition to the available choices in the market.”
Available this summer, architects and builders can now specify Pella for virtually any low- to mid-rise commercial project, especially for building retrofits, where historical accuracy and energy efficiency can be equally important.
Design and Performance Enhancements
The Architect Series Monumental Hung window features the following product enhancements:
- Increased size range up to 72” x 144”
- Sightlines and feature additions for improved aesthetics and historical accuracy
- CW30 to CW50 available
- Class 5 (AAMA 902-99) balances available
- Optional triple pane insulated glass with improved thermal performance
- Advanced Low-E dual-glazing with argon gas to meet total unit U-Factor of .29
- Triple-pane glass and krypton gas for a thermal performance rating as low as .18 total unit U-factor
Architect Series products, with a CW-rating can be used in a larger number of non-residential and multifamily building applications that may require larger sizes, higher wind loading requirements, limits on deflection, durability of hardware and resistance to water infiltration.
Compared to R- and LC-rated products, enhanced performance features of CW-rated products based off of the AAMA 101 Standard include:
- Higher overall performance grade
- Higher levels of resistance to wind pressures as measured by design pressure
- Larger gateway test sizes, meaning larger windows have been tested to meet higher performance criteria
- Increased resistance to water infiltration
- Less deflection of sash and frame at design pressures due to wind
- More durable hardware for heavy use
About Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions
Combining Pella and EFCO, two of the strongest fenestration brands in the industry, Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions offers commercial building professionals more than 150 years of fenestration expertise.
With a comprehensive product portfolio and an extensive list of engineering and design support services, Pella EFCO Commercial Solutions works to provide custom building solutions that meet project design, performance and budget requirements.
For more information, visit PellaEFCOsolutions.com or follow us on Twitter at @pellacommercial.