New data reveals construction CEOs’ hiring plans have plummeted, with just 48% planning on increasing headcount in the year ahead, the lowest percentage in the last decade with the exception of Q2 2020—per CEO coaching and peer advisory organization Vistage.
Vistage’s recent survey of construction small to midsize (SMB) CEOs also reveals:
- 11% plan to decrease headcount in the next 12 months
- 35% report it is easier to fill job openings than at the start of the year
- 46% expect increased revenues (vs. 55% nationally) and 39% expect rising profits (vs. 42% nationally) in the year ahead
- When asked about their view of the U.S. economy:
- 33% report approaching a recession
- 15% indicate a current recession
- 34% anticipate a soft landing will occur
- 13% report a soft landing has already occurred
Please see here for the full report.