A Mattress Protector is a unique cover, the first and primary function of protecting the mattress and increasing its service life. Unlike a regular surface, it has additional properties. Depending on the filling and type of material, it can improve and even change the original characteristics of the mattress.
In this blog post, we will talk: About what types are there, what they are intended for, and what effect various fillers have. We will tell you what they can and should be used for. And you will be able to understand why you need a mattress cover and whether you need it.
Why Do You Need a Mattress Protector?
The main purpose of the cover is to keep the mattress free of dirt, dust, and germs. This function is performed by all, without exception, mattress toppers. Easy to put on and take off with straps or elastic. Unlike a bulky mattress, it's easy enough to keep clean. As a result of use, the sleeping place always remains pure, mold and dust mites will not start.
Types of Mattress Cover
- Corrective. Adjusts the basic properties of the bed:
- It gives additional rigidity or softens an overly complex mattress.
- Warm in winter or cool in summer.
- Levels the surface, for example, on an old mattress or sofa bed.
- Waterproof. It prevents moisture from getting inside. It is recommended to use on children's mattresses.
- Orthopedic. Improves anatomical support.
As mentioned above, with its help, you can change the properties of the mattress. Some fillers, in combination with a topcoat, give a specific result. Consider the most common options.
Coconut: Adds rigidity, conducts heat poorly, and does not heat up. Combined with cotton, suitable for use in hot summer.
Natural latex: Smooths out irregularities, softens the surface, and enhances orthopedic support.
Natural wool: Accepts and maintains body temperature. It will not be hot in the heat on such a mattress cover and will not be cold in winter.
Bamboo: It has a bactericidal effect. Up to 70% of pathogenic bacteria die on bamboo fiber. Great for allergy sufferers and also suitable for small children.
6 Reasons to Use a Mattress Cover
The use of a mattress cover is not something you should ignore in your home, especially if you want to:
- Extend the life of your favorite mattress.
- Add orthopedic properties if they are missing.
- Change hardness to softness.
- Update your bed if you are not planning on buying a new mattress.
- Eliminate bumps and smooth joints.
- Improve comfort and quality of sleep.
Mattress protectors are covers that go over your mattress and are designed to protect it from liquids, dust mites, and other allergens. A good protector will keep your bed in good condition for longer and improve your sleep quality. Just imagine sleeping on a soft, smooth mattress surface with a white noise machine to keep yourself calm. On the market, you'll find many different types of protectors, so you'll be able to find one that meets both your budget and needs.