For all those who find themselves watching NFL Sunday football and thinking they need to improve their TV setup, one national Handyman franchise is here to lend a helping hand.
Handyman Connection - America’s premier home improvement franchise for professional and reliable handyman services - wants to share some tips on how your readers can mount their TVs professionally and improve their TV setup this football season:
- Measure the space where you plan to place your TV. Make sure there’s enough room for the TV stand, cables, and other equipment.
- Find out if the wall has any electrical outlets nearby. You can use an extension cord to power your TV.
- Determine how high you want to hang your TV. It should be as close to eye level as possible.
- Decide whether you want to buy a new TV stand or get one from a store. A good quality stand will last for years.
- Consider buying a universal TV bracket so you won’t need to purchase multiple brackets for different TVs.
- Use proper tools to mount your TV. Screws and nails are not recommended because they may damage walls.
- Be careful while drilling holes in walls. Avoid hitting pipes or wires inside the wall.
- Don’t drill too many holes in the wall. Leave at least 2 inches between each hole.
- When screwing the TV to the wall, make sure to keep the screws away from electrical outlets.
- Keep all cords and wires away from the back of the TV.
- Before hanging your TV, check the connections. Turn off the TV and remove the antenna. Then turn on the TV again. If everything works fine, you’re ready to go!
- After you mount a TV, test its connection by turning on the TV. If there are no problems, then you’re done!
- Clean up the area after mounting your TV. Remove excess screws and glue.
- Finally, enjoy watching your favorite team!