Every day, we walk onto construction sites with one goal in mind: Get the job done safely. Doka – a world leader in formwork technology – plays a role in strengthening our industry’s safety culture and performance by developing safety solutions that support every single stage of the construction project. Construction Safety Week 2021 takes place May 3-7. To honor the week, Doka is offering several virtual and in-person events as well as reintroducing safety solutions released over the past two years.
Doka virtual and in-person events:
- Sign up for a Doka safety webinar. Learn about Safety Net Fans on May 10 and Smart Edge Protection on June 7. Webinars take place 11 am EST.
- Customized Safety Training. Online safety meetings or live onsite demonstrations on Doka Safety Solutions, specifically designed to suit your safety needs and schedule.
- Jobsite Demonstrations. Learn and get hands on with the latest construction safety solutions, from perimeter and edge protection to debris fans and stair towers. Schedule a complimentary demonstration at your jobsite or a visit to any local Doka branch office.
- Open House Events. Experience Doka Safety Solutions May 4 at Doka’s Tomball, Texas, branch location and May 6 at the Sumner, Wash., location. Open houses take place 10 am – 3 pm.
To sign up for Doka virtual or in-person safety events, contact your local Doka Branch Representative or Jon Hammond, Doka Senior Safety Specialist, at Jon.Hammond@doka.com.
Doka Safety Solutions:
- Falpro™: The mobile fall protection anchor point. Current safety regulations in slab-formwork construction only conditionally satisfy the requirements of health, safety and ergonomics. The Falpro™ – Mobile Fall Protection Anchor, with its unique engineered anchoring design, closes this safety gap. Falpro™ allows contractors to work safely at the drop-off edge without trip hazards because the anchor point in always above head height. It is a device specifically designed for the overhead anchorage of ANSI approved PPE fall arresters with a maximum cable length of up to 29.5 feet. Learn more
- Smart Edge: The safe edge protection and guardrail system. An engineering solution designed to be installed at perimeter edges, internal openings, elevator shafts and stairs on high-rise construction sites, this guardrail system allows for all operations to be done by a single worker. It is lightweight, with a combined fence and post weight of only 48 lbs. The installation, inspection and maintenance are five to ten times faster as compared to conventional 2×4 or cables. The Smart Edge solution increases safety, reduces labor and simplifies site logistics. Learn more
- Protection Screen Xclimb 60: A full-perimeter enclosure system. The gapless enclosure shields workers from the elements during high-rise construction while being easy to use and adaptable to site-specific requirements. It remains anchored to the structure at all times, and repositioning can be done even while slab formwork is still in place. Working platforms are individually adaptable. Loads are easily transferred between the current and previous casting section, optimizing cycle times. Protection Screen can be used as a self-climbing system; hydraulic lifting appliances are easily moved by hand. It is supported by the Doka AR app, allowing users to view the system in augmented reality. Learn more
- Safety Net Fans: The ultimate debris net system for any building structure. Easy-to-use Safety Net Fans for contractors worried about material falling from an elevated jobsite. The pre-assembled units can be used on any structure and adapted to any shape to ensure safety on the ground. Constructed with UV resistant materials, triple layer nets and overlap between the preassembled units, the fans provide reliable protection even during windy conditions. Plus, system components are lightweight and have various connection options, making the system adaptable to any building shape. Learn more.
- Stair Towers: Convenience and safety on the construction site. A safe, fast way to get up and down with less physical effort than ladders, these stair towers can be put together very quickly from frames and pre-assembled stairway elements. And since they anchor to the structure and comply with all relevant safety regulations, stair towers can dramatically enhance site safety. Standardized components are compatible with various Doka formwork systems and can be assembled using just a hammer. Intermediate exits permit access to all work-deck levels. Learn more
About Construction Safety Week:
Construction Safety Week is an annual event designed to raise the awareness of the industry’s ongoing commitment to building a culture of safety through sharing best practices, tools and resources at jobsites and offices across the United States and Canada. Safety Week was founded by members of The Construction Industry Safety Initiative (CISI) and the Incident & Injury Free Executive Forum (IIF) and now includes 70 of the top contractors in the industry, representing thousands of workers. Additional support comes from Safety Week sponsors, partners and advocates. Doka is a proud to be a member of Construction Safety Week (see our 2018 Safety Week video). Visit www.ConstructionSafetyWeek.com.
Doka is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, Doka employs a worldwide workforce of 7,000.