Photo Credit: Oxi Fresh
Carpet cleaning is about much more than simply removing dirt and stains, it’s a necessary struggle for homeowners who take pride in the appearance of their living space and helps them relax a little more comfortably.
At Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning, one of the nation’s greenest and fastest-growing carpet cleaning franchises, this is a fact that is known all too well. That’s why the brand is looking to share with your audience some helpful tips and tricks for at-home carpet cleaning:
- Vacuum on a regular basis to prevent everyday dirt from setting into your carpet.
- Consider using area rugs in high traffic areas. That will protect your carpet from unnecessary staining and wear.
- If you have dogs who spend a lot of time outside, keep doggie towels near the doors you let them in and out by. Use them to wipe their paws to prevent tacked in dirt and stains.
- Use our Oxi Fresh Spotter between cleanings to treat any spills or spots you encounter.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned by Oxi Fresh every six to nine months, depending on how heavily they are soiled.
- We recommend cleaning your carpets in midwinter & midsummer. The midwinter cleaning should remove the heavy build-up of dirt and debris that happens during that time of year. This will also help improve the air-quality in your home, which is especially important during the colder months.
- Apply protectant to your carpet to help prevent stains from forming.
- If you do spill, blot, blot, blot! Get up as much of the liquid in the carpet as possible to prevent it from sinking into the carpet pad.
- Don’t pour water on to stains in order to “lighten them.” Although this can loosen the stain, it will subsequently sink deeper into the carpet and the pad, making it worse in the long run.