Questions? Give Us a Call
(678) 940-6433

When and How to Sue a Third-Party for a Construction Accident

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

When and How to Sue a Third-Party for a Construction Accident

Keep up with the latest from

Fill out the form Below

A third party for a construction project is a person who is not directly involved in the project, but whose goods or services are involved in the construction project. These parties often include utility companies, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and designers. A third-party can also be a party other than the contractor or supplier of materials.

1. Contact Construction Accident Attorneys

First, you’ll need to contact the top construction accident attorneys in your area to know if you are eligible to file a claim against a third-party for the accident. If you are eligible to file a claim, then the lawyers will guide you through the process from there.

2. Contact the Third Party

To succeed in your lawsuit against the third party, you will need to contact them. In some cases, they may be willing to pay you off. If they are not willing to pay you or they deny that they are responsible for any damages, then you will need to file a third-party lawsuit against them.

3. Collect Your Medical Records

You will have to do a lot of legwork here to build your case after you have filed for damages. You’ll need to collect all the documents on your incident and injury, including but not limited to hospital bills and doctor bills. You may want to find the names of doctors specializing in your condition if you suffer from one.

4. Gather Any Other Evidence

You need to gather any other evidence related to your incident. It can include photos of the incident, damage reports, police reports, witness statements, and more.

5. Find Out Who Caused the Accident

This step is easier than you think. All you have to do is talk to the other person driving or operating a piece of equipment involved in your accident. You must contact them and ask to give you a statement of what happened on the day of the accident.

6. File for Damages

After you have gathered all the necessary information, it’s time to file for damages. These damages can be large, but only if they get proven in court.

When Can Someone Sue a Third-Party for an Accident?

You can sue a third party for a construction accident if you have sustained significant physical damages that have resulted in a long recovery process. A long recovery process can mean a lot of medical bills that can’t be covered by insurance. The expenses associated with this process do not have to be significant or life-changing. You can recover these losses by filing a lawsuit against the third-party that caused the accident.

You only have the right to sue a third party for an accident if you suffered significant physical damages, as determined by the court. A court will look at several factors, including how much money you got injured for, how long it took to heal, and how long you spent in the hospital.

The information in this article should help you understand when and how to sue a third party for a construction accident. You’ll need all of the facts if you decide to go forward, so don’t skip over anything.

*Featured Image Source




Read more BELOW


The 2024 virtual Men’s Round Table will be held Q4, 2024, date TBD.

2024 Virtual Men’s Round Tables

2023 Virtual Men’s Round Table was held on November 7th, 2023 via Zoom.


2024 Virtual Women’s Round Table

2023 Women’s Round Table #1 was held on October 20th, 2023 via Zoom

See Website for Details

This content (including text, artwork, graphics, photography, and video) was provided by the third party(ies) as referenced above. Any rights or other content questions or inquiries should be directed such third-party provider(s).

Receive the CCR 2024 Idustry Report

Get ahead of your Competitors with CCR's FREE Industry Insider's Report 2024!

Always stay two steps ahead of your Competitors. Stay informed with the latest in the Industry. 

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site uses cookies to ensure that you get the best user experience. By choosing “Accept” you acknowledge this and that operates under the Fair Use Act. Furthermore, Changing privacy laws now require website visitors from EEA based countries to provide consent in order to use personalized advertising or data modeling with either Google Ads & Analytics. Find out more on the Privacy Policy & Terms of Use Page