To help builders address the challenges associated with meeting increased market demand for window walls and large-scale areas of glass, Marvin Windows and Doors and Integrity Windows and Doors are rolling out expanded mulling capabilities and options. This new assortment of products and accessories streamline the building process, allowing for larger certified window assemblies and greater expanses of glass, while solving common pain points for architects, builders and dealers.
“Window walls are an increasingly popular home design statement, but the process of navigating codes, placing orders and installing these mulled assemblies can be challenging and time-consuming for builders,” said Kris Hanson, senior manager, product management at The Marvin Family of Brands. “Our expanded range of products and accessories will ease this process by offering simple AAMA 450 certification and factory-prepped solutions for efficient on-site assembly. These advances will allow architects and builders to tackle ambitious window wall designs with greater confidence, while delivering the clean sightlines desired by homeowners.”
New Mulling Solutions from Marvin Windows and Doors
Few competitors carry the varied mulling options available from Marvin, including certified standard, reinforced, stud pocket and space mulls, along with accessories and field mull kits. Now, Marvin is expanding its high performance line with a number of new, factory-prepped mulling solutions that simplify the process and make it easier for builders, architects and dealers to avoid common pitfalls, manage projects and answer client questions.
• Narrow Frame (Contemporary) 3/8” MRF: Available now, this new 3/8” aluminum mull reinforcement adds strength and structure to Marvin’s Contemporary Studio line of products, helping professionals stay on trend with the narrow sightlines preferred by design professionals.
• Standard Full Frame 3/8” MRF: Available now, this new 3/8” aluminum mull reinforcement for full-frame jambs has been redesigned and upgraded, making it 25 percent stronger for larger certified assemblies with the same narrow mull aesthetic.
• Expanded AAMA 450-Certified Assemblies: Through its new mull reinforcements,Marvin can offer more and larger-scale American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) 450-certified window assemblies across its portfolio, making large expanses of glass more achievable.
• Prep for Field Mull: Starting mid-2018, window walls that are too large to be shipped fully assembled will arrive in large, pre-prepped sub-assemblies. Mull components that can be applied in-factory will come completely installed, while any additional components will be cut-to-length and automatically included with the order. This factory-prepped mulling solution comes with simple step-by-step instructions and allows builders to efficiently assemble AAMA 450-certified window walls on any job site.
• Readily Available Performance Grade Information: Architects and builders can now find all certified mull Performance Grade (PG) ratings in the mulling section of Marvin’s Architectural Detail Manual (ADM). Later this spring, customers will have the option to print PG information in quotes and/or line item summaries for their order. This will eliminate confusion by detailing and listing many different certified assembly configurations in one place and take the guesswork out of identifying which products are certified and what additional structure is needed to complete a project.
New Mulling Solutions from Integrity Windows and Doors
• Wood-Ultrex Certified Mulls: Integrity has produced AAMA 450-certified mulls for its All Ultrex fiberglass product line since 2014 and is now expanding its capabilities to the innovative Wood-Ultrex collection. As a result, architects and builders have the flexibility to install certified Integrity mulls that are All Ultrex, Wood-Ultrex or both, while meeting performance requirements for residential or commercial projects.
In addition to the expanded line of mulling products and accessories, all Marvin customers will continue to receive support from the Marvin Architectural Services team. This group of technical, commercial and architectural specialists can provide invaluable insight around design solutions, estimates, drafting, structural consulting, and project management—guiding a project from concept to completion.
For more information on The Marvin Family of Brands, including its new range of mulls, mulling accessories and tools, visit www.Marvin.com.
About The Marvin Family of Brands
The Marvin Companies is a third- and fourth-generation family-owned and operated business, headquartered in Warroad, Minn., with more than 5,200 employees across 10 cities throughout the United States. The Marvin Family of Brands represents Marvin’s fenestration portfolio, which includes Marvin Windows and Doors and its handcrafted wood and wood clad products that are made to order; Integrity Windows and Doors, which pioneered the fiberglass window category with the introduction of its patented Ultrex® fiberglass material; and Infinity Replacement Windows, which offers homeowners a premier line of Ultrex replacement windows with distinctive design. Marvin’s product portfolio also includes TruStile Doors, the leading manufacturer of made-to-order architectural interior and exterior doors. Marvin and its Family of Brands are distributed nationally through a network of independent dealers and are also exported internationally.
Visit Marvin.com and TruStile.com to learn more.