Bitec’s new product family of ElastoTherm™ closed-cell, polyisocyanurate thermal insulation panels is now available in a variety of facer and substrate configurations using CFC-free, HCFC-free, and HFC-free foam for zero ozone depletion (ODP), with virtually no global warming potential.
Bitec, Inc. recently launched a versatile family of closed-cell, polyiso roof insulation panels, providing roofing contractors with a zero-ozone-depletion (ODP) option for insulating Bitec’s APP- and SBS-modified roofing assemblies. The ElastoTherm™ family includes:
- ElastoTherm B flat or tapered insulation panels, featuring an integrally bonded fiber-reinforced facer
- ElastoTherm E flat or tapered insulation panels, featuring an integrally bonded non-organic glass-fiber-reinforced facer
- ElastoTherm Max flat or tapered insulation panels, featuring a reflective foil facer
- ElastoTherm Nail Base insulation, combining either ElastoTherm B or E with min. 7/16” APA/TECO-rated or OSB or min 19/32” CDX plywood
- ElastoTherm Vented Nail Base insulation, combining ElastoTherm B with a min. 7/16” APA/TECO-rated or OSB or min 19/32” CDX plywood, and with each panel separated with and bonded to five individual 1.0”, 1/5”, or 2.0” spacer strips
All members of the ElastoTherm family are available in Grade 2 and Grade 3 compressive strengths, are UL 1256, UL 790, UL 263, UL 1897, FM 4450/4470, and FL17989 approved, and are fully compatible with all APP- and SBS-modified Bitec roof membranes. The product line also includes a roof recover board with an integrally bonded inorganic glass fiber-reinforced facer.
According to Joel Shealey, vice president of Bitec, “Today’s roofing contractors need environmentally responsible roofing materials in their toolbox. Bitec is dedicated to responding to ever-evolving customer requirements and is proud to be adding an entire product line of polyiso foam insulation panels to address the climate-change concerns of end-users.”
Bitec, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of some of the industry’s highest-quality APP- and SBS-modified bitumen membranes in North America. For more information, visit www.bi-tec.com or call 800.535.8597.