Over the past 10 years, about $10 billion has been invested in construction technologies. Construction software development companies have never been so popular in this area before. Companies introduce innovative software, use drones on construction sites, facilitate human work with the help of exoskeletons, and create smart cities all over the world.
This post prepared by experts from Intelvision will provide practical tips on what to expect from the construction management software regarding advantages, features, and competitiveness on the market.
4 Functional Areas and Features of Construction Management Software
Cost Estimation and Budgeting
Digital solutions can calculate all the expenses related to material, equipment, and workforce involved.
Better Measurement and Time Tracking
With the tool, you can track the project’s progress and determine delays and problems at a glance.
With the innovation, you can be sure the information you are working with is compliant with the needed industry standards and governmental regulations.
Construction Project Management
The technology enables next-level collaboration within the project. With a single platform for effective communication, clients, subcontractors, and internal teams get the chance to hear each other.
Top Benefits of Construction Management Software
With the above-mentioned features of the construction project management software, you can expect substantial savings. Construction management solutions provide your business with automated tools for cost control. With the diverse set of tools, it is also easier to establish and maintain a systematic approach. You can plan their time frames, calculate costs, and generate reports in one platform. Finally, the proper storing of documents with easy access creates a favorable environment for identifying and eliminating risks before they appear.
How Outsourcing Software Development Services Can Help You Develop Construction Management Software
About 78% of businesses have a positive view of outsourcing. This is key to your confidence in the idea. There are at least these reasons why the outsourcing model works the best for custom software development. Let’s take a closer look at them together:
- Any features implementation. Outsourcing software vendors can provide you with any technological capabilities.
- Increasing the flexibility of scaling your project. Outsourcing software development companies can add or remove team members from the project as easy as you like. You can get developers with knowledge of different domains and programming languages, DevOps engineers, QA Manual/Automation specialists, and UI/UX designers, faster and easier than ever.
- Reducing recruitment costs. Some research suggests that the cost of hiring a new in-house developer for a startup could be 2.7x the base salary with all of their perks, taxes, meetings, etc.
- Saving time on hiring IT specialists. The saying ‘time is money’ is true. Glassdoor says that the average length of a job interview process for businesses, in general, is 23.7 days. Multiply that by a handful and you are well into the months. But you can cut most of that out with outsourcing.
- Reducing time-to-market. Outsourcing is the way to speed up the processes of software development in your company and be first in the market, which might occur as a success factor for your company.
It is cheaper. Last but not least, it is more affordable to invest in outsourcing development and reach fair value for money than with the in-house team. Finally, with outsourcing software development, you will be able to focus on your core business. As a result, you will get a better result overall, as there will be nothing to distract you and lose sight of your original idea. There are huge opportunities for innovation in the construction industry. By following trends and adopting technology faster than your competitors, you can become a market leader and achieve much more than other companies. In construction, technology has been slow to adopt so far. So you can ride this wave today and become a construction giant with innovative approaches that pay off very well after a short period. In conclusion, we would like to highlight that Intelvisin has its own set of unique features and advantages in the field of software outsourcing and tech projects. We provide the full cycle of software development. High expertise is possessed not only by our managers, Team, or Tech Leads but also by Middle+/Senior developers. We also allow young employees to develop dynamically, so customers can effectively work on projects with minimal bottlenecks and over-management.